Hand & Foot 'M' Technique® ONLINE Course (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
(Please note: Start/End Time may be adjusted depending upon location/time zone of registered attendees.)
This 4-Hour virtual instruction (online) course covers the Hand & Foot 'M' Technique®. In keeping with the original format of the in-person classes, the 'M' Technique® Hand & Foot Course will utilize Zoom classroom sessions. To maintain privacy and confidentiality, only pre-registered and paid attendees will be provided with the Zoom meeting ID and password. Registration is open to United States and Canada residents. Class size is limited to 8 class attendees. All interactive (Zoom) sessions will be listed in Eastern Time Zone.
This 4-hour ONLINE (Virtual Instruction) course covers the Hand & Foot 'M' Technique®. The 'M' Technique® was developed by Jane Buckle, Ph. D., R.N., as a means of holistic communication. This structured system of touch is suitable when massage is inappropriate because the receiver is very fragile/critically ill, or when the giver is not trained in massage. The 'M' Technique® works on the skin receptor sites that send signals to the brain to RELAX. This technique is intended to enable the giver to quickly provide physical comfort and allows the receiver to relax almost immediately.
There are several published clinical trials, as well as over 300 individual case studies which support the 'M' Technique® has:
- reduced stress and anxiety
- reduced the perception of chronic pain
- reduced agitation
- promoted rest and relaxation
in critically ill, chronically ill, actively dying, and healthy individuals of all ages.
The learner outcome of the 'M' Technique® Hand & Foot Online Course is to enable nurses and other health providers to use holistic touch on the hands & feet for comfort and care, and to promote healing in any setting utilizing this structured touch technique on the hands and/or feet of a patient, friend, or family member. This touch is suitable for frail and critically ill patients as well as for healthy individuals of all ages.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the difference between various touch modalities used in healthcare settings
- Demonstrate proficiency in core touch at a pressure of three
- Demonstrate 'M' Technique® on hand
- Demonstrate 'M' Technique® on foot
- Demonstrate 'M' Technique® on the hand and foot practical
This course is open to nurses, other health providers, as well as non-health professionals such as hospice volunteers, patient advocates, patient ambassadors, and caregivers. It is also open to relatives and friends of individuals who may be critically ill, very fragile or anyone needing the comfort and healing of holistic touch.
TO EARN CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT (Nursing and Massage Therapy) students MUST:
- Attend the entire online course
- Demonstrate the 'M' Technique® hand and foot practical
- Complete multiple-choice test with 70% or better
- Complete a course evaluation
Nurses and Massage Therapists receive 4 Contact Hours. A Certificate of Attendance is given to all attendees. Click here to be directed to R.J. Buckle for continuing education details.
In order to remain compliant with R.J. Buckle Associates, LLC policies, the following requirements must be met:
- Cost is $125 per student inclusive of certificate of attendance and course notebook with handouts. ONLINE Course fee INCLUDES the cost of the Educational DVD (Retail value $50).
- Attendees must register and pay 3 weeks prior to class date to secure space. Class size is limited to 8 participants and registration fills up quickly.
- Refund of tuition less $25.00 administrative fee if cancellation is received 2 weeks prior to class date. After this date, credit for a future class will be issued. If class is cancelled by R.J. Buckle Associates, LLC, full refunds will be given.
- If minimum number of attendees is not reached, registered attendees will be scheduled for the next class that works with their schedule.
- ONLINE 4-hour Hand/Foot 'M'®$125$1250$0